Monday 16 April 2012

Day One..

Day one, a morning packed full of tests and the all important full body CT scan and results. Not quite as straight forward as I had hoped as when we arrived at 8am, all my details on the system referred to a lady in Manchester who happened to have the same birthday. After many phone calls and computer searching they finally straightened things out. 


However, saw Prof who gave me the all important news that there was no spread- no additional tumours so smiles all round! You always brace yourself for the worst, but nothing had grown further which was such good news. 


Whether my meditations each afternoon and guided imagery were helping, or my very strict diet and alkaline approach had colluded to stop things in their tracks, we will never know, but Franco and I both feel that I am playing my part in my own recovery. 


Well, in order to receive the IL-2 doses, I have to have a PICC line put into my upper arm (a fine tube which is fed through a vein across my chest and into the top of my heart). As the CT scan involved drinking a contrast dye to light up my insides, Prof explained that my first dose of Interluekin would be delayed until Tues am. This was to enable the body to clear the dye. Anyway, went through admissions and up to visit the ward, and much to our delight we were told to come back Tuesday at 8am. It was like we were given the night off! A bonus night of freedom, albeit with PICC line hanging out of my arm!

1 comment:

  1. hi gail ,just found out about your blog , thought id wish you luck ,and let you know all of us in sunny wet wales are thinking of you and crossing every thing we've got . we must make the effort and come and see you, hopefully when things settle down , good luck again from your long lost cousin David I xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.